ASP.NET MVC + ASP.NET AJAX
Jess Chadwick describes how to integrate the ASP.NET AJAX framework with ASP.NET MVC. With a few tricks up his sleeve, Jess makes it easier than it seems.
- Jess' Sample Code
- Download the AJAX Library
- Ajax with the ASP.NET MVC Framework
- ASP.NET MVC Preview 4 Release (Part 1)
- AJAX support in the ASP.NET MVC Framework
- AJAX Panels with ASP.NET MVC
Are You a Crackpot?
I ran across the "Crackpot Index" and thought it was hilarious. This is a quiz of sorts you can take to see if your scientific theory propels you into true crackpot status.
Sometimes I think we need something like this for the development community ;)
Below are some of my favorites:
- 5 points for each such statement that is adhered to despite careful correction
- 10 points for each claim that quantum mechanics is fundamentally misguided (without good evidence)
- 10 points for mailing your theory to someone you don't know personally and asking them not to tell anyone else about it, for fear that your ideas will be stolen
- 10 points for each statement along the lines of "I'm not good at math, but my theory is conceptually right, so all I need is for someone to express it in terms of "equations"
- 20 points for naming something after yourself. (E.g., talking about the "The Evans Field Equation" when your name happens to be Evans.)
- 30 points for suggesting that Einstein, in his later years, was groping his way towards the ideas you now advocate
- 40 points for claiming that the "scientific establishment" is engaged in a "conspiracy" to prevent your work from gaining its well-deserved fame, or suchlike.
- 50 points for claiming you have a revolutionary theory but giving no concrete testable predictions.
You can read all 37 criteria here.